|The Inaugural National
July 30-31, 2014 · Cedar Rapids, Iowa
|Join fellow strip-tillers in Cedar Rapids in...
Save your seat — REGISTER NOW!
Nearby Comfort Inn Offering Hotel Rooms For Attendees Of NSTC In Cedar Rapids
July 30-31, 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The host Cedar Rapids Marriott hotel and nextdoor Quality Inn North are sold out, but the nearby Comfort Inn is offering hotel rooms to National Strip-Tillage Conference attendees. Located about a 5-minute drive from the host Marriott, the Comfort Inn can be reached at (319) 378-8888. Be sure to ask for the National Strip-Tillage Conference rate when you make reservations.
Certified Crop Advisors (CCAs) will have the opportunity to earn up to 20.5 continuing education units (CEUs). Credits are available in the following categories: Nutrient Management (5); Soil & Water Management (6); and Crop Management (9.5).
Conference organizers are also pursuing state pesticide recertification credits, and will make announcements when approvals are granted.
It's just $199 to attend ($179 for additional farm or family members) the inaugural strip-tillage event. Here are six strip-till farmers that will provide insights into their operations:
- Dave Legvold, a Northfield, Minn., strip-tiller, delivering the
- Jeff Reints, a Shell Rock, Iowa, strip-tiller, offering a classroom on "Spring Strip-Till, Strip-Tilled Soybeans & More Strip-Till Proven Practices."
- Charlie Hammer, a Beaver Dam, Wis., strip-tiller, with a classroom on "What I've Learned From Various Toolbar Setups Through The Years."
- Brian Watkins, a Kenton, Ohio, strip-tiller, presenting a general session on "Accounting For Every Dollar Through Precision Strip-Till, Efficient Fertilizer Placement."
- Frank Moore, a Cresco, Iowa, strip-tiller delivering a classroom called "Profitable Approach To Strip-Till With Cover Crops, Nutrient Management."
- Keith Schlapkohl, a Stockton, Iowa, strip-tiller, presenting a classroom on "Detailed Approach To High-Yielding Strip-Tilled Corn & Soybeans."
Here is a list of previously announced speakers:
** World-renowned soil biologist Jill Clapperton will headline the inaugural event and share her expertise on the life under our feet and the role of microorganisms on crop production. Details on her sessions are yet to be announced, but Clapperton will present a special workshop in addition to general session and classroom presentations during the 2-day event.
** Tony Vyn will discuss why he thinks strip-till is nearly the perfect system as a result of nearly 30 years of research with strip-till in corn, soybean and wheat ground. The Purdue University cropping and tillage specialist will explain how the expanded planting-time “window” of strip-till and the relative yield performance of strip-till systems has grown as equipment has improved and as farmer utilization of precise automatic guidance has grown.
** Steve Cubbage, a 20-year-long precision specialist with Record Harvest in Nevada, Mo., will share how precision farming today involves managing data, soil electrical conductivity monitoring, UAV imagery, Google Glass and more. He will outline how all of this precision technology fits in a strip-till system.
A number of other strip-tillage experts have agreed to take part in this one-of-a-kind learning event at the Marriott Hotel. They include:
- Iowa State University ag engineer Mark Hanna
- Jodi DeJong-Hughes, soils specialist for University of Minnesota Extension
- Bob Yanda, a fertility expert and consultant from Monticello, Iowa
- Iowa State University soils specialist Mahdi Al-Kaisi
- Kelly Cooper, farm manager for the Conservation Cropping Systems Project at Forman, N.D.
- Jim Bassett, a planter specialist and ag engineer with Dawn Equipment Co.
- Dr. Robert Miller, soils specialist at Colorado State University
As part of the registration price, growers will receive a 1-year subscription to No-Till Farmer (a $44.95 value) and valuable special reports and books valued at $189.70, as well as dinner, breakfast and lunch tickets.
You may reserve hotel rooms online at the special $104 conference rate or by calling 1-800-396-2153. Refer to "Strip-Till Conference" to get the special rate.
For more information about the National Strip-Tillage Conference or other farmer-focused events and publications offered by Lessiter Publications, contact Darrell Bruggink, executive editor and publisher, at (800) 645-8455, x420 or email@example.com.
2014 NSTC Cedar Rapids Title Sponsors!
Dawn Equipment * Environmental Tillage Systems *
Ingersoll * Kuhn Krause * Montag * Orthman *
Raven Industries * Thurston (Blu-Jet) * Yetter
EVENT PROGRAM. The 2014 speaker program is ready to be viewed. Check out the 7 general session speakers, 12 Strip-Till Classrooms and 30 Strip-Till Roundtables.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS. The host Cedar Rapids Marriott hotel is sold out, but the nearby Comfort Inn is offering hotel rooms to National Strip-Tillage Conference attendees. Located about a 5-minute drive from the host Marriott, the Comfort Inn can be reached at (319) 378-8888. Be sure to ask for the National Strip-Tillage Conference rate when you make reservations.
NSTC TITLE SPONSORS. For information about National Strip-Tillage Conference Title Sponsors who will be exhibiting in Cedar Rapids, click here.
CROP ADVISOR CREDITS. We have received 20.5 CEU credits through the Certified Crop Advisor program. We are striving to get approval from states for pesticide recertification credits, and will provide that information as they become available.
If you have questions about the National Strip-Tillage Conference, please contact No-Till Farmer by phone at (866) 839-8455 or (262) 432-0388; by fax at (262) 786-5564; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail at P.O. Box 624, Brookfield, WI 53008-0624.