In this webinar replay, Dr. Tracy Blackmer, Director of Research for Cover Crop Solutions, provides a basic understanding of the nutrient benefits provided by various species of cover crops and how no-tillers can properly utilize those cover crops to reduce their levels of applied fertilizer.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this 60-minute webinar:
• Why the interest in cover crops as a nutrient producer or scavenger is gaining momentum
• The basics of nutrient loss that make covers a partner in keeping nutrients available to crops
• A look at the costly pathogen soybean cyst nematode and where cover crops can offer a defense
• The benefits of relieving compaction with cover crops
• Latest results from studies looking at yield response to cover crops.
This event was FREE, brought to you by Cover Crop Solutions.