Farmers and ag service providers can gain greater accuracy over their spray applications with John Deere ExactApply intelligent nozzle control system available on new John Deere 4-Series Sprayers. Starting with 2018 models, this latest application technology provides sprayer operators a comprehensive solution that maintains consistent droplet size and pattern through a wide range of speeds, while reducing the potential for overlaps, skips and drift.
“The new ExactApply system was developed for producers and ag service providers who seek a higher level of control of product applications, especially improved application efficacy and accuracy in all field shapes and sizes,” says Doug Felter, product marketing manager, crop protection and nutrient solutions.
“Another important feature with the ExactApply is John Deere’s Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) system that offers three times the pulsing frequency of traditional PWM systems on a wide variety of nozzles,” Felter explains. “This allows the sprayer to run at a consistent pressure and droplet size, regardless of the sprayer speed and application flow rate, for improved spray coverage across the entire field.”
In addition, John Deere ExactApply offers the following benefits to customers:
- The ability to switch spraying between two pre-selected nozzles with the push of a button from inside the cab. This capability also increases the range of application to achieve consistent droplet size.
- The ability to automatically vary the rate across the entire boom, ensuring the correct amount of material is applied to the right area of the field, even while turning.
- Reduces the number of nozzles needed because of range increases on each nozzle.
- Alerts the operator if a single nozzle is plugged.
- Includes LED lighting on each individual nozzle for improved visibility of spray pattern in low-light conditions.
ExactApply is compatible with all boom sizes equipped with stainless steel plumbing. One major benefit is that operators have full variable-rate and shut-off functionality at the nozzle level (every 15-20 inches), which is an improvement over sprayers equipped with John Deere Section Control.
“ExactApply is fully integrated with the GreenStar 2630 Display and SprayStar, making it compatible with the entire suite of John Deere precision and data management products our application customers need,” says Felter. “For both producers and ag service providers, it offers significant improvements in spray performance, coverage and accuracy, especially on point rows and irregular shaped fields.”
For more information on ExactApply intelligent nozzle control, 4-Series Sprayers and other application equipment from John Deere, see your local John Deere dealer or visit www.JohnDeere.com/ag.