Traction announced the launch of a new cloud-based farm accounting application. This first release gives farmers an easy way to manage their day-to-day cash accounting transactions from any connected device including phones and tablets.
Until now, farmers have had to choose between non-farm specific applications or legacy desktop software to manage financial information and overall farm profitability.
With Traction, farmers can capture all of their financial and field information with one platform. This provides an accurate view of operational performance while using cutting-edge technology that is intuitive and expandable in the future.
The release of Traction’s Basic Accounting enables you to:
- Manage an unlimited number of farm entities.
- Connect your bank and credit card accounts to synchronize your transactions.
- Maintain your cash-based balance sheet and income statement with drill-down analysis.
- Use your phone to take pictures of invoices and tag them to transactions.
- Perform standard tasks like adding accounts, transaction editing and reconciling bank statements.
- Create field names and boundaries and see a map of your farm (Spring 2021).
- View profit centers by field and/or crop from your actual expenses and revenue (Spring 2021)
The original founders of Traction include Ian Harley, Scott Nusbaum and Brian Stark, who were instrumental in helping build Farm Works Software in the 1990’s. The Traction leadership team also includes Jeff Dearborn and Aaron Hunt, both highly respected experts in operational logistics, agronomy and GIS.
Traction’s Basic Accounting solution is available for $950 per year which includes 2 manager logins. The company is working on field operations and agronomy solutions that will provide seamless integration, available later in 2021. A free 30-day trial is also available.