A touchscreen monitor that allows no-tillers to seed precisely, maintain depth, avoid compaction and troubleshoot mechanical problems was awarded No-Till Product of the Year for 2015. Voted by No-Till Farmer readers, Precision Planting’s SeedSense 20/20 was No. 1 among 13 products readers earlier deemed to be the best in their respective categories.
The SeedSense 20/20 won the overall Product of the Year prize for the first time and was a sixth-time winner in the Precision Tools category.
Manufacturers whose products were voted the best in 13 individual categories were recognized last week in front of nearly 1,000 no-tillers attending a special luncheon awards ceremony at the 24th annual National No-Tillage Conference (www.NoTillConference.com) in Indianapolis. They were also recognized in the Winter 2016 issue of No-Till Farmer’s Conservation Tillage Guide.
- Fertility/Soil Amendments: Agrotain, Koch Agronomic Services. Honorable Mention: Gypsoil FGD Gypsum, Beneficial Reuse Management; MicroEssentials, Mosaic; Solvita Soil Biology Check, Woods End Lab.
- Fungicides: Headline AMP, BASF. Honorable Mention: Priaxor, BASF; Stratego YLD, Bayer CropScience.
- Insect Protection: Herculex Xtra Insect Protection, Dow AgroSciences/DuPont Pioneer. Honorable Mention: Genuity SmartStax, Monsanto.
- No-Till Planters/Drills: John Deere 1770NT Planter. Honorable Mention: Early Riser Planters, Case IH; 4900 Series Planter, Kinze Mfg.
- Planter/Drill Attachments: SharkTooth Row Cleaner, Yetter Mfg. Co. Honorable Mention: Keeton Seed Firmer, Precision Planting; 1360 Floating Row Cleaner, Martin Industries.
- Precision Tools: 20/20 SeedSense, Precision Planting. Honorable Mention: FieldView, Precision Planting; vDrive + Delta Force, Precision Planting.
- Residue Management: BT Chopper Stalk Rolls, Calmer Corn Heads. Honorable Mention: 5000 Stalk Devastator, Yetter Mfg. Co.
- Seed Treatments/Inoculants: Poncho/Votivo, Bayer CropScience. Honorable Mention: CruiserMaxx Beans, Syngenta.
- Spraying Equipment: Turbo Nozzles, TeeJet Technologies. Honorable Mention: Apache 20 Series Sprayers, Equipment Technologies.
- Strip-Till Equipment: Ripper-Stripper Strip-Till Subsoiler, Unverferth. Honorable Mention: 2984 Strip Freshener, Yetter Mfg. Co.; Pluribus Strip-Till Unit, Dawn Equipment Co.
- Weed Control: Sharpen herbicide, BASF. Honorable Mention: Liberty herbicide/LibertyLink, Bayer CropScience.
- Fertilizer Application Equipment: Starter Fertilizer Tubes, Totally Tubular. Honorable Mention: 2987 Magnum Fertilizer Coulter, Yetter Mfg. Co.; Dry Fertilizer Cart, Montag Mfg.
- Cover Crop Seed: Tilth Pro NitroRadish, GS3 Quality Seed. Honorable Mention: Guardian Fall Rye, La Crosse Seed; Bounty Annual Ryegrass, Saddle Butte Ag.
“The readers of No-Till Farmer are some of the most discerning, knowledgeable farmers in the industry, so these manufacturers should be proud that their products have been recognized for their strong performance,” says Darrell Bruggink, executive editor and publisher of No-Till Farmer.
To learn more about the No-Till Product of the Year program or the National No-Tillage Conference, call Bruggink at (262) 777-2420 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more at www.No-TillFarmer.com/ProductoftheYear.
Photo Caption: Individuals accepting No-Till Product of the Year awards from the readers of No-Till Farmer include (l-r): Front row, George LaGrande, Bayer CropScience, Poncho/Votivo, Seed Treatments/Inoculants; Jake Wiltrout, Dow AgroSciences, Herculex Insect Protection, Insect Protection; Hans Stutzman, Precision Planting, 20/20 SeedSense, Precision Tools; Derek Allensworth, Yetter Mfg. Co., SharkTooth Row Cleaner, Planter/Drill Attachments; and Steve Parrish, Koch Agronomic Services, Agrotain, Fertility/Soil Amendments. Back row, Brent Wiesenburger, Totally Tubular, Starter Fertilizer Tubes, Fertilizer Application; Brad Fife, John Deere, 1770NT Planter, No-Till Planters/Drills; Garth Mulkey, GS3 Quality Seeds, Tilth Pro NitroRadish, Cover Crop Seed; Marion Calmer, Calmer Corn Heads, BT Chopper Stalk Rolls, Residue Management; Jerry Ecklund, Unverferth Mfg., Ripper-Stripper Strip-Till Subsoiler, Strip-Till Equipment; and Darrell Bruggink, No-Till Farmer Executive Editor.