Although soil sampling is a foundation for managing nutrients effectively, many no-tillers would like to pinpoint plant nutrient deficiencies during the growing season before they happen. At The National Strip-Tillage Conference, learn how utilizing plant sap analysis can show plant mineral levels and highlight nutritional deficiencies and excesses before they cause any damage, says John Kempf.
During this classroom session, the founder of Advancing Eco Agriculture will explain the basics of using sap analysis effectively, how the test can be used to identify wasted nutrient applications and develop responsive, custom nutrient application programs to optimize crop health and yields.
The 9th annual National Strip-Tillage Conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Coralville Hotel & Conference Center from July 28-29. A focused 2-day program covers myriad topics for profitable results in strip-till farming, including equipment set-ups, cover crops, intercropping, economic analyses, soil testing/analysis, fertilizing methods and more.
Unique from other ag conferences is the mix of general sessions, classrooms and farmer-to farmer roundtables and face time with suppliers - all designed for maximum networking and the practical transfer of experience and knowledge. The lineup includes:
- General Sessions - covering an abundance of proven strip-tilling ideas and strategies. Among the national experts this year are Mike Petersen of Colorado, Jodi DeJong Hughes of Minnesota, John Kempf of Ohio, Chris Perkins of Indiana and David Bullock of Illinois.
- Farmer-to-Farmer Roundtables - informal, moderated peer-to-peer discussions on specific strip-till topics. Attendees should come with 5 questions to get answered in this proven format for sharing what works and doesn't.
- Classrooms - in-depth presentation-style sessions convey practical, actionable ideas from experienced strip-tillers on the most pressing needs.
- Strip-Till Innovator of the Year - the 2022 recipient of the best-in-class program is announced and keys to their success as a benchmark-worthy strip-till operation.
- Bonus Workshop at Kinze Manufacturing & Tour - in this first-ever offsite workshop, Kinze welcomes farmers for a behind-the-scenes look at one of the largest, privately held ag equipment manufacturers in North America. Following the plant tour and museum experience, a dynamic and intimate (48 attendees) luncheon workshop features renowned soil health specialist Jim Hoorman of Ohio.
Registration for the event is $399, and attendees who register their farm and family members receive $20 off in additional savings per attendee. For more information and to register for the conference, visit www.StripTillFarmer.com/NSTC.
Title sponsors making the learning and networking opportunities possible for strip-tillers include AgroLiquid, Martin-Till, Dawn Equipment Co., Environmental Tillage Systems, Kuhn Krause, Montag Mfg., Orthman Mfg., Schlagel Mfg., Vulcan Equipment, ESN by Nutrien, Agrisolutions, and Yetter Mfg. Co, The North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE), Practical Farmers of Iowa and multi-store Case IH dealership J.J. Nichting are also providing support. All 13 companies will exhibit during the 2-day educational event.