Brookfield, Wisconsin — Strip-Till Farmer has announced the lineup of speakers and presentation topics for the 2018 National Strip-Tillage Conference. The full agenda is available now at StripTillConference.com.
To be held at the Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Iowa City, Iowa, July 26-27, the 5th annual National Strip-Tillage Conference will explore successful strip-tillage tools and strategies of critical importance to beginner and veteran strip-tillers. Discussing the 5th annual event, Strip-Till Farmer managing editor Jack Zemlicka remarked that building a successful strip-till operation does not happen overnight.
“Trial and error is inevitable when considering strip-till or expanding an existing operation. We’re excited to bring this unique, one-of-a-kind learning experience focused on connecting strip-tillers with cutting-edge ideas, techniques and strategies to raise their level of strip-till profitability, efficiency and efficacy.”
A fast paced and highly focused 2-day program will deliver a unique, one-of-a-kind learning experience assembling the best strip-tillers, agronomists and researchers together in one location. The 2018 conference will feature...
- 7 Strip-Till General Session Presenters — knowledgeable experts delivering an abundance of strip-tilling ideas and strategies.
- 20 Peer-to-Peer Roundtables — informal yet moderated peer-to-peer discussions focused on specific strip-till topics.
- 12 Strip-Till Classrooms — focused, in-depth sessions providing practical, proven strategies by the industry’s most successful strip-tillers.
Headlining presenters for the 2018 conference include microbiologist Ben Elliott, who will explore soil biology during his session, “Stimulating & Strengthening the Biological Power of Your Strip-Tilled Soils.” Harold van Es, professor of soil science and Chair of the Department of Crop and Soil Sciences at Cornell University will lead a session, “What Have We Learned About How Tillage Systems & Cover Crops Affect Soil Health?” And soil health expert Mike Petersen will offer hands-on learning in the field during a special post-conference workshop, "Getting to the Root of Your Strip-Till Soil Health."
Also just announced for the first time is a full redesign of the National Strip-Tillage Conference website, providing an improved user experience, useful attendee resources and an overall enhancement of the National Strip-Tillage Conference web presence. New website features and enhancements include...
- A photo gallery page featuring photos and videos of past conferences.
- A chronological timeline of the event agenda allows quick reference of key speaker bios and detailed session descriptions.
- A conference updates page centralizes past National Strip-Tillage Conference web content dating back to 2013.
- Responsive design maintains a consistent user experience across all viewing platforms.
Early Bird Registration is now open for this 5th anniversary event. A discounted rate of $244 is available through 5-30-18, offering a $25 discount off the full rate of $269. Additional discounts are available for group attendance. Registration can be made online or by calling (262) 432-0388 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Title sponsors making the learning and networking opportunities possible for strip-tillers include AgroLiquid, Copperhead Ag, Dawn Equipment Co., Environmental Tillage Systems, Ingersoll Tillage Group, Kuhn Krause, Montag Mfg., Schlagel Manufacturing, Thurston Mfg. (Blu-Jet), Topcon Agriculture, Vulcan Equipment and Yetter Mfg.