Brookfield, Wis. — Strip-Till Farmer has announced the lineup of speakers and presentation topics for the 2020 National Strip-Tillage Conference. The full agenda is available now at StripTillConference.com.
To be held at the award-winning Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista Hotel & Conference Center, Aug. 6-7, the 7th annual National Strip-Tillage Conference will provide actionable ideas and practices to put to work on your strip-till operation in 2020 and beyond.
Discussing the lasting value of attending the conference, Strip-Till Farmer Managing Editor Jack Zemlicka notes the economic advantages cited by past attendees.
“A survey of last year’s National Strip-Tillage Conference attendees showed that on average, farmers estimated they took home $9,700 worth of practical, money-making ideas and advice that they could implement into their farming operation,” he says.
A fast paced and highly focused 2-day program will deliver a unique, one-of-a-kind learning experience assembling the best strip-tillers, agronomists and researchers together in one location. The 2020 conference will feature...
- 6 Strip-Till General Session Presenters — knowledgeable experts delivering an abundance of strip-tilling ideas and strategies.
- 20 Peer-to-Peer Roundtables — informal yet moderated peer-to-peer discussions focused on specific strip-till topics.
- 12 Strip-Till Classrooms — focused, in-depth sessions providing practical, proven strategies by the industry’s most successful strip-tillers.
Headlining presenters for the 2020 conference include:
* Charles City, Va., farmer David Hula who will share his experience transitioning to strip-tilled corn and tips on breaking through the 300-bushel barrier.
* Purdue University Agronomy Professor Tony Vyn, will explain the importance of understanding the proper depth, delivery method and distance from the seedbed to apply banded fertilizer in a strip-till system.
* Canadian strip-tiller Mike Verdonck will detail how his how his commitment to building biomass through intense cover cropping methods that include inter-cropping, bio strip-till and seeding permanent covers, have shaped his philosophy of building soil health through “roots, not shoots.”
Detailed information on speaker sessions and conference events can be found at StripTillConference.com, along with a photo gallery page featuring photos and videos of past conferences, a chronological timeline of the event agenda that allows quick reference of key speaker bios and detailed session descriptions and a conference updates page that centralizes past National Strip-Tillage Conference web content dating back to 2013.
A $35.00 Early Bird Registration discount is available through May 31, and attendees who register their farm and family members receive additional savings. For more information and to register for the conference, visit www.StripTillConference.com.
Title sponsors making the learning and networking opportunities possible for strip-tillers include AgroLiquid, Copperhead Ag, Dawn Equipment Co., Environmental Tillage Systems, Ingersoll, Kuhn Krause, Montag Mfg., Orthman Mfg., Schlagel Mfg., Topcon Agriculture, Vulcan Equipment and Yetter Mfg. Co. All 12 companies will exhibit during the 2-day educational event.
We’ll see you in Omaha!