At the end of every calendar year, we gather a list of the top-performing digital content from www.StripTillFarmer.com. We boiled our year down to these 7 items, which have been the most popular among our audience.
Themes of cover crop innovation and interest in the latest equipment innovations are woven throughout the print and digital features, podcasts and videos. This look back can help us set impactful goals and make informed decisions for the coming year. In order for the Strip-Till Farmer editors to stay ahead of the curve on reader concerns and interests, the Digital Media team at Lessiter Media conducts an annual audit of the top items that garnered the most attention and buzz with readers.
Armed with this data, our editors can ask the important questions and produce content that will help you succeed every day on your farm operation. What follows is a snapshot of these trending items to give you an idea of the news and content that has shaped 2019 in strip-till.
To see any of the items listed here, visit www.StripTillFarmer.com/top2019. If you want to catch this content in real time, you can register for our FREE e-newsletters — Monday-Saturday’s Daily and Sunday’s Weekly Digest.
Go to www.StripTillFarmer.com/strip-tillstrategies to subscribe. The newsletters bring you breaking news, featured content, webinars, podcasts, videos and much more.
Top Read Staff Blog
- Most Viewed Staff-Written Blog: Is Organic Strip-Till an Opportunity or Obstacle? – Jack Zemlicka, March 4, 2019
- Let Cover Crops Do the Work to Keep Weeds Away – Sept. 10, 2019
- It’s OK to ‘Farm Ugly’, Jack Zemlicka, Aug. 7, 2019
- Shining a Light on Strip-Tillers as Ambassadors of Innovation
- The Value of Mentoring — not Mandating — to Develop a Smarter Strip-Tiller, Jack Zemlicka, April 15, 2019
Most Viewed Feature Article
- 25 Tips to Improve Spring Strip-Till – Jack Zemlicka
- 5 Soil Healing Tips to Boost Strip-Till Profitability – Ian Gronau
- Transitioning to 20-Inch Strip-Till: An Economic, Efficient Decision – Sarah Hill
- 5-Year Test Plot Research to Test Cover Crop, Strip-Till Combination – Bridget Halat
- Working Smarter, Not Harder Helps Strip-Tiller Cut P&K Application by 25% - Dan Crummett
Most Listened To Podcast
- Building Your First Berms: Lessons Learned from the Field
- Saving Your Strip-Tilled Soil with Smart, Simple Strategies
- Digging Into Cover Crop Adoption: A Candid Conversation with Rob Meyers of SARE
- Putting a Microscope on Biological Benefits in a Strip-Till System Part 1
- Getting Back to the Future with Soil Health & Cover Cropping Part 1
Most Viewed Video
- Hawkins Mfg. Explains What Makes the StripCat Unique
- Modifying Planter Row Units to Improve Performance in Strip-Tilled Fields
- Getting Started with Twin-Row Strip-Till
- New Swivel Strip-Till Row Unit Debuts
- ZML Presents the New Hostetler Strip-Tillage Row Unit
Top eGuide Downloaded in 2019
Most Viewed Facebook Post
Galileo Cupwheel debuted the AgriCup wheel at #FPS19. A larger footprint, less compaction, better traction, enhanced lateral stability features of wheel that looks like cross between pneumatic tires and tracks.
Most Viewed Online News Item
- A Strength in Numbers Solution to Strip-Tilled Soil Health
- Crunching the Numbers on Custom Strip-Till – June 15, 2019
- Tillage, Traits, Nitrogen Don’t Affect Corn Residue Breakdown – Nov, 22, 2019
- Climbing the Nutrient Management Ladder – June 3, 2019
- 5 Takeaways from the 2019 National Strip-Tillage Conference – Nov. 3 2019